Saturday, June 26, 2010

Powerful Quotes

"What matters supremely in the last analysis is the fact that He knows me. I am graven on the palms of His hands. I am never out of His mind...He knows me as a friend, one who loves me; and there is no moment when His eye is off me, or His attention distracted from me, and no moment, therefore, when His care falters." - J.I. Packer


“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will possibly be broken." - C.S. Lewis


"'The very circumstances, new and peculiar as they are, in which you
are placed, God can convert into new and peculiar mercies, yes, into the richest means of grace with which your soul was ever fed. the very void you feel, the very need you deplore, may be God's way of satiating you with His goodness." - Octavius Winslow


"God never withholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. God's refusals are always merciful... severe mercies at times... but mercies all the same. God never denies us our hearts desire except to give us something better." - Elizabeth Elliot


“Christians do not say, ‘I do not understand you at all, but I trust you anyway.’ Rather, we say, ‘I do not understand you in this situation, but I understand why I trust you anyway. Therefore I can trust that you understand even though I don’t.’
Faith does not know why in terms of the immediate, but it knows why it trusts God who knows why in terms of the ultimate.” - Os Guiness

No comments:

Post a Comment